Legal & ethical policies
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority on this site, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies when you use your mobile device or go online, provides you with information about:
– how we use your data;
– what personal data we collect;
– how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
– your legal rights relating to your personal data.
- How we use your data.
This site uses your personal data:
– to provide goods and services to you;
– to make a tailored website available to you;
– to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
– to verify your identity;
– for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
– for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
– to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
– where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
- Marketing and Promotional Communications.
This site uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent).
This site aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
1. making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or the “STOP” number for texts; and/or
2. contacting this site via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
- We may collect data directly from you, as well as analysing your browsing and purchasing activity, both online and in store, and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you.
- Web Banner Advertising
If you visit our website, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our website on your computer or other devices.
- Sharing data with third parties.
Our service providers and suppliers:
Aside from our service providers, This site will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
- We may share your data with:
if we have your consent to do so;
– credit reference agencies and payment card issuers (such as Visa, Mastercard and American Express) where necessary for card payments;
– governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our employees and customers.
- International transfers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for this site to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
- How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however, the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
- What personal data do we collect?
This site may collect the following information about you:
– your name, age/date of birth and gender;
– your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
– purchases and orders made by you;
– your online browsing activities on this site ;
– your password(s);
– when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
– your communication and marketing preferences;
– your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
– your location;
– your correspondence and communications with this site; and
– other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
- Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
- This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an online account on our website, or send an email to our customer services. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example, your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
- How we protect your data.
This site is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include: –
– encryption of data;
– daily penetration testing of systems;
– security controls which protect the entire site IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
– internal policies setting out our data security approach.
- What you can do to help protect your data.
This site will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from this site asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond. If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session. In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to this site and more generally: -
– keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
– when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
– avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
- The legal basis for using data.
We are required to set out the legal basis for our ‘processing’ of personal data.
- The legal basis for this site processing customer personal data general.
This site collects and uses customers’ personal data because it is necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
- In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message. Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
- Our legitimate interests.
The normal legal basis for processing customer data that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of this site, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers (including administering the Sparks loyalty scheme);
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting this site, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to this site;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against this site; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
What are cookies?
- Information collected
- How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you access our website are designed by:
- this site, or on behalf of this site, and are necessary to enable you to make purchases on our website;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of this site.
- What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential for the effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to online transactions and site navigation.
- For this site to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable this site to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable this site to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
- How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
- For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- For Safari:
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
- For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
- For Opera 6.0 and further:
- 1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
- 2. Privacy
- What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general, the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third-party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our site. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our site.
Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify and our supplier Contrado UK
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, debit card numbers, email address, and phone number).
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify and Contrado UK
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: Name, email, address, phone etc
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Contrado UK
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfil our contracts with you, as described above with Contrado UK our supplier and Shopify our payment gateway.
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
Selling Personal Information
We will never sell or pass on your data to any third party
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email address] or by mail using the details provided below:
Art by Osian, 3 Short Bridge Street, Llanidloes, SY18 6AD, United Kingdom
Last updated: Monday 16th November 2020
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/]